Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Comics
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Comics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Comics Reply with quote

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else here had ever read any of the Aladdin comics, and if so, what did you think? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and god, I miss them so much ;_; they were really good. My grandma had a whole bunch of them, shame I never took them home... I was the only one that read them.

She also had some other Disney Afternoon comics, but I never paid attention to them XD
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for them on eBay, but I'm trying to find an auction selling all of them together, just to make my life easier. Smile
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD If it's not too much trouble, could you scan some of them for me if you do get them? The only one I can remember is the one where Aladdin and Abu touch the cursed Ankh...
No, wait, I can also vaguely remember the Sultan sending him on some kind of quest, where Aladdin figures out that the earth is round...
And another one where some random guy comes and gives them gifts that put spells on them. Gah, I miss them so much. .___.

Last edited by Marisa on Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a bunch; I just wanted to see if anyone was interested before I scanned them. Wink

Anyone who remembers the first issue: WTF was with Aladdin's uncle? Confused

Edit: Oh, and I have double copies of some of the early issues, in case anyone's interested... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I've read is the one that Marisa remembers, with the curse and the aging and stuff. It came with my Aladdin's Arabian Adventures tape. I would love to read them, though. I've thought of searching Ebay, but I have the curse of no money. Sad
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I've got a bunch; I just wanted to see if anyone was interested before I scanned them. Wink

Anyone who remembers the first issue: WTF was with Aladdin's uncle? Confused

Edit: Oh, and I have double copies of some of the early issues, in case anyone's interested... Cool

*cling* I will buy them from you. I will.

And Aladdin's uncle was very random. I mean, if Aladdin had an uncle, why didn't they live together after mommy and daddy died? ..Maybe because he was evil and tried to control the royal family (something like that, wasn't it? My memory escapes me...)

Although I do remember my favorite comic WAS the one with the cursed Ankh. It was a serious and believeable plot (believeable as far as Aladdin goes anyway) and it gave us some background info on Genie as well Very Happy The only thing I thought was wrong with it was the fact that they lifted a scene from Lord of the Rings... unless J.R.R. Tolkien got that riddle from somewhere else?
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin has uncle? Oh, the things you miss when you don't read the comics...
aladdingirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Aladdin's uncle Reply with quote

I remember hearing Aladdin had an uncle. It was on the Aladdin RPG in Aladdin's profile I think. Was his name Burham Yurbak? How did Aladdin find out he had an uncle?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you have SOME memory, I'm completely lost. I haven't heard of any of this. Oh, why wasn't my parents a lot more aware of the Aladdin items around them when I was smaller and didn't know any better?

Looks like I'll be going ebay hunting tonight. Plus my birthday is around the corner, so this would be a great thing to bug the parentals about Very Happy
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a series of comics and scanned them but they're in Dutch. I don't know if there ever where English versions of them. Any takers check http://members.ams.chello.nl/marco.merkelijn/mp3/ Plot:
Jafar has once again got hold of Genie
Genie knows what Jafar wants: to become handsome
Jafar and Genie talk about who thinks he (jafar) is handsome not counting mommy and himself.
So finally Jafar gives in that let Genie make a handsome guy
Result: see for your self Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I'd saved the translations... Sad
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the entire site as it was with the last update almost 4 years ago. Still comes in handy sometimes. Anyway the rather crude transelation

Picture 1
Jafar: He, he. Finally I've the lamp again!
Genie: Well, I'm again at your service Jafar!

Picture 2
Genie: I know what a guy like you wants. You wanna be a handsome fellow don't you?
Jafar: What do you mean?

Picture 3
Jafar: Are you saying that I'm ugly.
Genie: Ah! Every mother things her child is handsome.

Picture 4
Jafar: Yes, my mother things I'm handsome and me of course and uhm...
Genie: Not mince matters, Jaffie... from man to man: how many princess did you won?

Picture 5
Jafar: Allright then. Make me a handsome guy!
Genie: Ah! That's wish number one!

Picture 6
Genie: Whalla! One handsome man that wins the heart of every girl!
Jafar: You're doing it on purpose
aladdingirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: where can I find scans of the commics Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find scans of the Aladdin comics online? If not, a summary of the stories? I've only read about 3 comics and I'd like to see some other ones. They look very interesting. Thanks! Smile
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the ones I scanned so far; I want to put them up on the site eventually:

http://www.aladdincentral.org/sharing/comics

One of them's Aladdin Comics #1, the others are all from Disney Adventures, Disney Comic Hits, etc.

I think I've got most of the ones Marco had online saved, I'll take a look for those. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum