Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Books
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Books
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol okay I've been duly warned!!
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost no Aladdin at all in the second half #sad Sad

I enjoyed listening to this book because it's exciting to discover adult-friendly Aladdin content that I haven't consumed yet Laughing And the author did a nice job narrating it. But she just threw a bunch of ideas and characters at the wall, and it was all underdeveloped and/or part of the overly-twisty, overly-expositioned climax that felt REEEEEEALLLLLLYYYYY over-the-top and out of nowhere.

I also could not keep the characters straight, which might be part of my problem. There must have been about 20 new characters, most of them tropes we've all seen a million times, all with names that I could not remember. When it was like, "THIS PERSON WAS THE VILLAIN ALL ALONG" I was like... "Who?" Laughing

Honestly my biggest gripe is the lack of Aladdin haha. Every time he was there, I was happy because he's MY FAVORITE CHARACTER and THEIR LOVE GIVES ME LIFE.

Anyways I'm gonna need more of this Aladdin fiction for adults immediately.

-----
Spoiler:
So if the "benevolent" genie made up the character of the cousin, ummmm.... can that one guy have his hand back? Like WTF she made him do some FUCKED things!!!!
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to go find that quote you mentioned Meesh:

Quote:
After the guards and Aladdin had left her room and all was quiet, Jasmine’s heartbeat finally started to slow—until she remembered Aladdin was just on the other side of the wall, and suddenly it was racing out of her chest again. He was so close . . . and aside from a smattering of guards, they were the only two people awake in the palace. She couldn’t have fallen asleep even if she tried.

Jasmine tiptoed closer to her bedroom doors, pressing her ear against the wall. The guards were trained to be silent, but not Aladdin. Sure enough, she only had to listen for a minute or two before she heard the rustle of his clothing, the sound of his exhale. Jasmine grinned and tapped lightly against the wall. I’m here.

There was a pause, and then he murmured from the other side, “Good night to you too, Princess.” She could hear the smile in his voice. “I wish you were in here,” she said. “With me.”

Maybe it was the adrenaline from her scare, or maybe it was the wall between them that had her feeling bolder than usual. She heard him take another breath, then a step closer. She could picture him so clearly, pressing his palms against the white stone wall, the dimple forming in his cheek as he said her name. Smiled her name.

“Soon,” he whispered. “When we’re man and wife, we won’t have to spend another night apart.” The thought sent a delicious shiver through her.

“Well, now I’m not sure I’ll ever sleep tonight,” she quipped.

“We can stay awake together, then,” he replied. “With our third wheel, of course.” He rapped at the wall, and Jasmine laughed. She reached her hand up to the stone as if she could feel Aladdin through it.

“Till the sun rises.”

“Till the sun rises,” he echoed.

She heard him slide down to sit with his back against the wall, and she followed suit. They were sitting back-to-back now, the thick stone wall between them. And before long they were talking about everything and nothing, his voice her comfort in the dark.

These saucy little tarts Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I looooved that interaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum