Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aalddin Show at DCA - Funniest things happened! (spoilers)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aalddin Show at DCA - Funniest things happened! (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendLikeMe
Streetrat

Location: Southern California: The home of my 'home away from home'.....DISNEYLAND!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Aalddin Show at DCA - Funniest things happened! (spoilers) Reply with quote

Okay, for those who've seen the show, you'll know what I'm what talking about, and for those who haven;t...er....well, play along..

*(Spoilers for those who haven't seen it)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

First, there is a part where after Jafar wishes to be Sultan, when the Genie gets ina couple jokes, 'in-saltan' Jafar. After he came up with a line that caused the audience to cheer, which inlcuded a dance ("Yo, out of a scale of 1 to 10 your 0 Jafar, but look I'm blue I'm a SUPERTSRAR! Drop it like it's hot!") the actor playing Jafar broke into laughter, which was hillarious. The whole audience was goign crazy, and the Genie kept harassing him about it.

2nd -

Okay, so you know what part after the big climax (Aladdin trapping the now turned genie Jafar in the lamp) when Aladdin sets Genie free? Okay, well, this is what happened: Aladdin is supposed to walk up to Genie and say 'Genie, do I still have my final wish?' Instead, he walked up to him and said by accident 'Jasmine, do I--' and the Genie jokingly says - "Hey, I'm Genie, she's Jasmine, the one with barely any clothes on! Yeah.." Then he faces the audience and makes a drinking sound imitating him maybe having too much to drink ("Uglugglug"). He didn't let that little mistake slip either. Throughout the rest of the finale, he said things like - "I'm gonna get im a script!" and when he comes out for the curtain call, he says - "Heere's JASMINE!"

I love it when actors screw up sometimes, because it's nice to see they are human as well, and not perfect, and that the fellow actors can fool around with them about it. Hillarious stuff guys, look out for things like this when you see the play, because the Genie is known to crack up fellow cast-members.
Laughing

Aladdin! A Musical Spectacular Rules!
Carmen
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you Very Happy Did they look a lot like the characters?

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on who plays them will they look similar to the characters. I was watching the aladdinshow mmmbout 3-4 weeks back and i saw another show where jafar had a little laughing incident during the same scene also Laughing
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you and another member here, Kirsten, are gonna get along just fine Laughing

One of the great things about our fandom is we can screw up and play it off as something that was intentional, yet still make sense with all the current pop culture references. Cool
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooooooh, that's a good mess up! LOL

One of Genie's new jokes is a Napoleon Dynamite impersonation, where he yells after Al and Carpet: "Fine! Just don't do what I say! DAMN!" I kid you not, he actually said that! The whole audience paused for a second, trying to figure out if he just said it, and then burst into a round of applause. Laughing

I was at one show where the audio cut out after "One Jump Ahead," so they had to stop the show for about 10 minutes. Me and the two people next to me got the entire theater doing the wave. So during Genie's one-liners at Jafar, he goes, "Wanna do the wave?" The whole audience busted up laughing, and Jafar was biting his lip to keep from laughing. So finally Jafar does this stone-faced mini-wave, and the whole audience loses it again. It was great!

I also saw Jasmine call "Ali" "Aladdin" once during the balcony scene. :p

Oh, and during Genie's one-liners at Jafar once, he went, "If your last name was Sultan Peppershaker you'd be... (to audience) I messed that up. Can I get a do-over?" And during the finale he yells "Come back to the next show when I get my lines right!" Laughing

Ah, so many good stories out of that theater...
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying not to bust out laughing while sitting here in my Philosophy class. Laughing I wish I could see this show - maybe one day they will bring it to WDW. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:

I also saw Jasmine call "Ali" "Aladdin" once during the balcony scene. :p

Puts a damper on that pagoda scene doesn't it?
Jasmine: Who are you? Tell me the truth.
Aladdin: ...you already know the truth
Jasmine: Oh. So...you wanna get married, or something?
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:
Trying not to bust out laughing while sitting here in my Philosophy class. Laughing I wish I could see this show - maybe one day they will bring it to WDW. Very Happy

Unfortunately, WDW doesn't have a theater big enough to hold it. Sad I've occasionally heard small rumors of one showing up at the Magic Kingdom, like over where the Galaxy Palace Theater is in Tomorrowland or on the site of hte old sub lagoon, but neither of those places is large enough to hold it. I don't think most people realize how large that theater is compared to other Disney theme park theaters.

Now, that's not to say they couldn't put a stripped-down version in some place like the current Playhouse Disney theater at MGM, but to get it to fit there, it would have to lose most of the elements that (IMHO) really put the show above and beyond.
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Unfortunately, WDW doesn't have a theater big enough to hold it. Sad

They could build one. Very Happy Just wishful thinking. I'm trying to get my parents to go to DL - my mom is willing, but my dad doesn't see the necessity to fly across the country for something that we can drive to something very similar. Rolling Eyes He doesn't understand how much I want to see this show. Very Happy
Streetrat

Location: Southern California: The home of my 'home away from home'.....DISNEYLAND!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too have to move the sets, and build a another theater takes too much $$ for Disney unfortunally... Sad

Aladdin! A Musical Spectacular Rules!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:
He doesn't understand how much I want to see this show. Very Happy

I've seen it and I've never even been Laughing *first hugs download, and then hugs tape Kirsten made*
But Disneyland is definitely next on my list of places to go.
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Princess Jas wrote:
xfkirsten wrote:
Unfortunately, WDW doesn't have a theater big enough to hold it. Sad

They could build one. Very Happy Just wishful thinking. I'm trying to get my parents to go to DL - my mom is willing, but my dad doesn't see the necessity to fly across the country for something that we can drive to something very similar. Rolling Eyes He doesn't understand how much I want to see this show. Very Happy

I've seen it and I've never even been Laughing *first hugs download, and then hugs tape Kirsten made*

Where did you download it? The closest I've come to seeing it is reading Kirsten's transcript and hearing a 10 min. audio clip (which someone disturbed me when I was listening to Evil or Very Mad ).
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendLikeMe wrote:
Too have to move the sets, and build a another theater takes too much $$ for Disney unfortunally... Sad

Yup. And since it's an all-Equity cast of 28 per show, that makes for a big chunk of change our of their pockets to keep it running. I don't recall any WDW shows that had an Equity cast that big.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:
Where did you download it? The closest I've come to seeing it is reading Kirsten's transcript and hearing a 10 min. audio clip (which someone disturbed me when I was listening to Evil or Very Mad ).

My video of the show (taped last February) is available for download at this page here. Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Jas wrote:

It's buried somewhere on this board Laughing . I think it was back in October when we got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum