Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - If You Were to Reboot the Aladdin series
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If You Were to Reboot the Aladdin series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject: If You Were to Reboot the Aladdin series Reply with quote

Our conversation in another thread got me thinking... what would you do with the series if you were handed a billion dollars and free reign? Smile
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the board did not show me this thread I'm so sorry Laughing

I'll also come up with stuff when my brain isn't half pudding.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this assumes someone else will voice Iago and Genie... It feels off, especially for Iago at this point. I just don't want to write them out. I think I'd leave KoT as is. It's perfect.

1. Obviously better animation. I like a lot of the recent 2D-ish styles that have been popping up lately. Maybe one of those, but w/e as long as it's good!

2. Make it less racist Laughing Maybe this should have been number one? haha. Either all the Arabs have authentic accents, or they all of American accents. None of this only-give-cartoonish-accents-to-throwaways nonsense. The Arab pun names are cute to me, but I might get some advice on whether they're actually really offensive. I'm only half Middle Eastern and I've never been there, and I don't speak almost any of it, so I don't think my opinion counts so much here.

3. Go big budget on the music! The score to Tangled has inspired me on this point. I don't really want to add musical numbers to it though. That's not really my thing, although people do like it, and it could make extra money. It could also be a way to incorporate some RoJ songs that are actually good without putting them into a RoJ remake. So I'm open to it.

4. Redo Return of Jafar. I like Iago's arc in it, and I like the foil between Jafar and Abis Mal. And I do like the songs. But it could all use an update. And it needs to end more open-ended. Aladdin wants to see the world, but like... okay? Maybe something a little more interesting. Ideas on what this could be could be its on essay. But maybe something like some coalition of djinn hears about Genie's freedom and Jafar's murder and invite Aladdin to their land or something.

5. Create a through-line. Picking up from my previous point. I feel like Aladdin's exploring the world isn't really a thing so much in the series. We need a more specific goal, and one that can update at the end of each season. For example, the gang gets tied up with some djinn, that could be a season with lots of characters. Could even introduce Eden this way. Tease Mozenrath throughout, then the season ends with him trying to capture all of the djinn. The next season is the gang rescuing the djinn. The next season is Mozenrath's big arc. There should be another big villain, maybe Mirage, that Mozenrath eventually has to ally with the gang to defeat. I'm literally coming up with this on the spot, so don't poke the holes in it.

6. Develop the best characters, and tie up the loose ends. I'm thinking Mozenrath and Mirage x Fasir specifically for loose ends, and Sadira for further development. Don't hate me, but I have always been a Mozenrath x Sadira fangirl. I have thought this through, and I think it could be done and done well. Sadira's development I think is actually one of the best in the series, and I think her actually finding romance after a time of learning to love and respect herself could be a really good next stage.

7. Keep some episodes roughly the same (ex. Bad Mood Rising, The Spice is Right, Riders Redux) but give them relevance to the through-line.

8. Keep some ideas and characters but change the episodes. I already mentioned having Eden as a character but not necessarily keeping "Some Enchanted Genie." For example, I LOVE the idea of a suitor who hasn't heard yet that Jasmine is engaged (Uncouthma), and I think Uncouthma is a good character. And I like that episode, and I love the watermelon-in-the-window quote. But otherwise I'm not married to the specifics of it.

8. Can probably lose some characters, especially the spirites Laughing and I'm not married to most of the one-off characters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, when you said reboot I thought you meant a whole new series borrowing from the previous one Laughing. If talking about a new thing entirely, though...

It would be hand-drawn. I really have nothing against CGI, but something about seeing the gang all smooth and three-dimensional and computerized outside of video games doesn't sit right with my spirit. I'm fine with some sort of mix (although not what they did for Wish Razz), but I can't do 3-D puppets. I just can't.

No songs. The style Disney currently favors in its media isn't my thing and I find a lot of it unforgettable. Maybe if Alan was behind it, but I haven't been feeling the inclusions he was part of in the live action films either. I'll definitely take an amazing score, though. The Aladdin series won an Emmy for outstanding music direction and composition, so this is one aspect I'd be the least worried about.

New outfits. It always bugged me in Hercules and the Arabian Night that Aladdin was in his KOT outfit, but Jasmine was still in her outfit from the movie. They need a wardrobe reflecting their status as older and more mature leaders. Most of the budget will go to this, but I don't care Laughing. I do not want to see their movie outfits ever again.

New mythical creatures from MENA history to explore. The original series touches on a few and borrows the concepts of a lot to make the new baddie that week, but this could be so cool if done right. It also gives them the opportunity to infuse this universe with more MENA culture to make it more Middle Eastern/Northern African and less Americanized (although I know some of that is unavoidable).

We are putting the official stamp on what the kingdoms of the seven deserts are. Each place is getting an episode just so we know-know this time.

I can't decide if I want to see some of the old villains again. Part of me thinks it would be hilarious to see an aging Abis Mal and Haroud still causing trouble, for example, and Aladdin just being like "Neutral please retire I'm begging". And some I know would almost HAVE to make a reappearance again (uuuugh, Mozenrath Laughing), but I'd be okay if I didn't see the older ones again outside of a mention or one-off episode. Adding some new villains to the canon would be fun as well, but I'd be mostly looking for episodes where the drama doesn't always have to come from a baddie.

But we ARE occasionally revisiting old characters like Mahmoud, Amal, Sadira, Eden and Dhandi, Razoul (cause I guess he resigned since we have a new captain of the guards Laughing) etc. I'd even go so far as to bring in Cassim and Iago for a few eps to see how they're doing, or go visit them somehow because their help is needed (and no, they still aren't getting a pardon. If Disney ever changes this I'm gonna be SO mad...)

In the same regard, we are also exploring Agrabah itself. There is so much more to the city than the marketplace and Aladdin's hovel. If it's the people that make Agrabah great, let's meet some more of them! There's was a great opportunity to take two characters from two completely different worlds and see how they'd tackle common issues of the cityfolk before they reached the throne that Disney never really tapped in to because we were busy on adventures. But we'd have plenty of time to do that here and get into more of the city's history at the same time.

I'd like to see more of the staffing around the palace and how it operates. The Disney Princess franchise has sort of dipped in to this with the Enchanted Tales episode we got and a few mentions of staff in books, but really I'd just like Aladdin and Jasmine to interact with some more human-people and make some more friends. Maybe even have episodes where they hang out with just those characters and not the gang. I want to see life outside of each other, especially Genie who travels alone and gets up to who knows what out there.

It should take place a few years after KOT. but I can't decide if I want the Sultan around or not. Him being dead would mean Aladdin is Sultan, and that might restrict what he and Jasmine can do as the future Sultan and Queen (more so than when they were just engaged), but that might also be fun to explore? Like, I definitely want to see them in more leadership roles and how that's going to affect their dynamic as rulers and spouses, but I still need them to be a battle couple Laughing. More likely I'd keep him around, but being more hands-on about prepping Aladdin for the throne and basically in retirement mode (might be too dark to have him die during the series - what a mood killer that episode would be Laughing). Also, not sure about them having kids yet. I'm leaning towards no cause Disney never handles that correctly and I simply don't want to deal with that Razz

I'm actually okay with the series not having a serialized plotline. Mostly because in this day and age of tv shows getting canceled after 1 season with no warning, that leaves the potential for cliffhangers galore. Also, I've seen too many shows where the writers wanted to stick to their big plans a little too much instead of feeling out where they needed to take things and it ruined an entire series retroactively. So I'd have to be guaranteed a few points ahead of time before I agreeing to overarching plots for a whole season. Like, I DO want more continuity overall (especially characterization), but each episode being its own thing and it has some sort of cohesiveness overall would be fine with me. I would probably make each episode like 45 minutes, though, so nothing feels rushed.

I mostly just want to keep the tone of the original series without resorting to watering down the themes and messages of each episode for the sake of targeting children almost exclusively now instead of general audiences like Disney used to.

Someone pointed out that part of why Disney content today feels empty despite being technically gorgeous is because their worlds have been sanitized to death. Disney movies in the 80s, 90s, and even the early 2000s existed in spaces where there was crime, violence, abuse, drugs, drinking, smoking, sex, religion, war, misogyny, racism, etc. These were not necessarily highlighted aspects, but you felt their presence wasn't too far from whatever story we're hanging out in (and sometimes they were even part of the plot). It was a reflection of the world we occupy, even though we're visiting fictional settings or older versions of ones we know today. It felt a little more real and lived-in so to speak.

Everything now seems to exist in pre-packaged, overly manufactured, squeaky clean bubbles where something kind of bad-dark happens to cause conflict and tension, but ultimately these places are back to being safe, and purified, and contained once the bad-dark thing goes away. It's not even about making content that's more "politically correct" now or whatever (although there's definitely tons of room for improvement here in our canon). It's straight up feeling like I'm watching the media equivalent of walking on eggshells because Disney was tired of being yelled at for years.

Like Disney today would never make a movie featuring a character singing about how he has to steal to survive and has to constantly avoid the cops as a result of committing the ultimate crime of being poor and living in poverty without there being a beat-you-over-the-head follow up about how stealing and lying is bad and law enforcement is actually your friend. I would cry if they did that to these characters Laughing. Like I know Jasmine is sort of a lost cause because of the Princess franchise being all about this kind of spoon-fed messaging, but they're not taking the rest of them from me.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I personally didn't really think of a reboot (even though I know a lot of opportunities to adjust it to be more coherent) I did think up about stuff after KoT, just don't know if I should write the down here. I actually want to write these as an actual story when I have the time (and courage) to do it.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after a goodnight sleep I think I can write down the general stuff I would do in a new series without giving away the more personal stuff I will have in the story I'm planning currently.

So first I definitely would have it done in hand-drawn animation. I'm not against CGI and it can definitely be well-utilized, but for me hand-drawn is just more natural for this for couple of reasons and give more opportunities as opposed to the limited amount of models and settings CGI show could have (look at FOP: A New Wish for example. Actually pretty good but you can tell the bugdet was small).

So this might be weird, but I would have the show take place way after KoT where Aladdin and Jasmine are rulers and having kids that are teenagers at this point. Now I would definitely have some flashbacks moments and episodes where we would see them before this like when the Sultan is still alive, the kids are little and the gang are kinda free to adventure (to some extent because you know, kids), but I also think it would be interesting to explore how they would handle the fact that they are actually responsible for a whole kingdom while still be parents AND knowing how many enemies they still have around.

So uhm... the gang aren't exactly going to be the main focus, but more of an important supporting cast for majority of the show. Much as I really like them, I do think their major developments has been done by the end of KoT and instead would like to see them from a different approach while giving the kids the ground to become their own selves. Again I know this might be a weird choice and definitely not everyone would be on board with it, but this is where I stand. Plus just because they aren't the main characters anymore, doesn't mean they won't do anything.

I want the world and its history to be more or less explored quite well including the magical stuff. The show already tried to go around the world, but I would like to go a bit further on that while also exploring lost history and civilizations such as the empire the sand witches had good knows how many years ago. I would also not mind taking inspiration from mythologies for magical creatures while also making ones up specifically for the world of Aladdin.

Fully establishing the 7 kingdoms and the 7 deserts! This right here is something I always wanted and heck it, include Shirabad as well as a good nod to the live-action movie. I also would like to tackle the relationships of these kingdoms, though not too deep, but enough to get what's happening and its affects on the people. For example there's a major issue affecting several kingdoms at the same time and they don't know the exact cause yet and there's a disagreement on how they want to handle it and if not careful this can ascelade into a far worse situation than they are already in.

Returning characters from the original triology+ series. Now I don't want everyone to come back, that would be a nightmare, but some callbacks or even outright show up with actual plot relevance? Absolutely can see that be a good option. For example I don't want Mechanikles to show up, but his creations and leftovers could be collected and be reused for a different purpose by someone else. Mozenrath as much as I would love to see back, I don't think he should be used too much, especiually that we know from his last appearance that he was basically dying already. I do have an idea for him, but I keep that for my own story. Mirage definitely someone I can see showing up every now and then.

As for non-evil returning characters... I have a few options. I would like to see more Eden and Dhandi overall and the relationship between Eden and Genie more explored. I actually have the 2 just go away for a few weeks every year to enjoy some time together. Cassim and Iago are mostly absent, Sadira being around as a good ally to the gang, the Mukhtar be more of a lone traveler who comes around if he sees something that could threat them and he's unable to stop it on his own.

Now I do want to see a good variety of new villains be it normal humans or some magical being or even something entirely new or better be caused by the new main characters themselves.

However, I don't want much focus on genies in general, let alone introduce a bunch of them. An occasional mention on them is fine and we have Genie and Eden, but I rather have at most 1 additional genie in the whole show who isn't good by any means, but not exactly a villain either.

Introduce a new magical being in the main cast, preferably someone who is more or less the opposite of Genie and Carpet, least initially and have a very different set of powers. For my story I have a 600 years old fire elemental who isn't exactly fond of what she is (partially caused by how other elementals treated her) and has a hard time to really open up to people.

So as to understand my choice, for my story I kinda reworked the elementals to be these nature-themed magical beings that are as old as life itself on Earth and near-immortal (they can be killed though). Once abundant now more scarce due to many reasons and mostly avoiding humans due to several past conflicts between elementals and humans. They have a true form and a more humanoid form as disguise, can utilize their element depending on how skilled they are and not only understand every spoken language by default, but their own speaking is something that automatically be understood by others. I also made them not fond of genies in general based on 1 line+interaction from Saline in her debut episode.

One more thing before moving to the new cast, I don1t want the show to be squaky clean and such. I want characters to make mistakes and have concequences for them, I want villains to be actual villains even if 1 can understand why they are like this and would like to show the uglier side of things. Humor should still be there and light-hearted moments, but it's also okay to have dark moments that are played as they are without any quips and MCU-stuff.

So even if let's say the series can't be serialized, I still want the characters to properly develop at least and past events having an impact on them in some ways. For example Aladdin and Jasmine has a daughter in my story whose journey is to basically become a good leader for her people when her time comes while also balancing out her personal stuff like with her brother, her own desires (she may not be a rebel like her parents were, but she also has a taste for adventure even if she tries to surpress that).

The new main characters also a bit more adjusted the magical stuff in general and do have stuff that may seem modern for their time (though Genie advised them to not really use it in public much) like a cellphone that is powered by magic. They are also a bit more prepared for potential attacks as they basically experienced quite a lot of them as they grew up (and sometimes getting involved as well). Heck, at times it's their new magical friend that feels like the newbie.

I know this sounds messy, but I hope it somewhat shows what I would do with a series if we got the chance (minus all the stuff I had to leave out because spoilers)
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a controversial subject with reboots... how would you guys feel about a gay or non binary or autistic character?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Rose wrote:
I know this is a controversial subject with reboots... how would you guys feel about a gay or non binary or autistic character?

The more the merrier Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Rose wrote:

Don't see any issue with it so long as there's more to the characters than them being lgbt or autistic. No offense, but many times they just drop these characters and never really do anything with them or have any real relevance to the stories they are in. Or even worse, their characterization is just based on stereotypes that are just... ugh. The last thing I want to see is some magical being who doesn't understand emotions and getting them labelled as asexual. Blah, no thanks.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from a vacation and I'm gonna respond to AG and then ZG:

Yeah I was approaching it from a "let's redo it between RoJ and KoT" and you (AG) sound like you're doing post-KoT. I'm down for either TBH and am going to switch gears into your post-KoT idea for the sake of this discussion. It's a less complicated idea and leaves a lot more room for ideas.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
New outfits

YES

AladdinsGenie wrote:
New mythical creatures from MENA history to explore... to infuse this universe with more MENA culture to make it more Middle Eastern/Northern African and less Americanized

YES

AladdinsGenie wrote:
We are putting the official stamp on what the kingdoms of the seven deserts are. Each place is getting an episode just so we know-know this time.

YES

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I can't decide if I want to see some of the old villains again

IMO we can't avoid tying up the Mozenrath and Mirage/Fasir open ends. I'm okay with not using the others.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
And some I know would almost HAVE to make a reappearance again (uuuugh, Mozenrath Laughing)

Is this an actual "ugh"? Are you tired of Moz?

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Adding some new villains to the canon would be fun as well, but I'd be mostly looking for episodes where the drama doesn't always have to come from a baddie.

Agreed!

AladdinsGenie wrote:
If it's the people that make Agrabah great, let's meet some more of them!

YES

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It should take place a few years after KOT. but I can't decide if I want the Sultan around or not.

We should kill him... EVENTUALLY Smile Make it a whole thing. Make it good. If the series has a tone of "The writers are taking this show seriously" with a good mix of risk, heart, and levity, it could be done.

But not before he gets some more development and there is, like you said, plenty of him showing Aladdin the ropes and stuff.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Him being dead would mean Aladdin is Sultan, and that might restrict what he and Jasmine can do as the future Sultan and Queen

There's gotta be a new royal vizier too. That can open a can of worms for a new character or development of an old one. They would NOT be a bad guy, although there could be some interesting exploration of the notoriety and/or trust issues of giving somebody that position post-Jafar.

But a new vizier could be in charge of the kingdom while Al + Jas travel etc.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Also, not sure about them having kids yet. I'm leaning towards no cause Disney never handles that correctly and I simply don't want to deal with that

*laughs in 2004 fanfiction*

Agreed. I'm open to the idea of kids, and after KoT I almost feel like we owe it to Aladdin to explore his complicated relationship with the idea of fatherhood.

If we do the whole journey from finding out, to pregnancy, to giving birth (I'm nervous-laughing just typing this sentence), THAT could be cool but near impossible to do without it being wayyyy too adult and tonally off.

Like you said "I simply don't want to deal with that Razz "

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm actually okay with the series not having a serialized plotline. Mostly because in this day and age of tv shows getting canceled after 1 season with no warning, that leaves the potential for cliffhangers galore

Eh we already have cliffhangers from the original. What's a little more? Laughing Give each season its own through-line, tie it up at the end, and leave it open enough for another season without having a literal cliffhanger.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
...Disney content today feels empty despite being technically gorgeous is because their worlds have been sanitized to death

I agree with this. Not to keep bringing it up, but I think the Tangled series really nailed it with tone and balancing darkness with levity.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Like Disney today would never make a movie featuring a character singing about how he has to steal to survive and has to constantly avoid the cops as a result of committing the ultimate crime of being poor and living in poverty without there being a beat-you-over-the-head follow up about how stealing and lying is bad and law enforcement is actually your friend

Gonna poke Tangled again here haha. Flynn has a history of thievery, and it is HEAVILY referenced, joked about, and practically utilized in the series.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
I would have the show take place way after KoT where Aladdin and Jasmine are rulers and having kids that are teenagers at this point

This would be an interesting route to take and would give the kids a prominent role. I loved the TLM and TLK sequels as a kid, but I'd need Al & Jas to be less over-protective-parent-y if that makes sense? Like I don't want their senses of adventure to be neutered just because they have kids. Of course that would be an important theme to explore, but I would want them to be open to their kids adventuring with them, since it's apparently part of the job now Laughing

zitagirl wrote:
the gang aren't exactly going to be the main focus... I do think their major developments has been done by the end of KoT and instead would like to see them from a different approach while giving the kids the ground to become their own selves.

Gotta push back on the idea that character development stops when you get married/have kids. Develop everybody!!

zitagirl wrote:
Fully establishing the 7 kingdoms and the 7 deserts! This right here is something I always wanted and heck it, include Shirabad as well as a good nod to the live-action movie

YES

zitagirl wrote:
Mozenrath as much as I would love to see back, I don't think he should be used too much, especiually that we know from his last appearance that he was basically dying already

Unless I'm misreading her tone, AG might agree with you? I think we gotta bring him back in a big way. He's such a good character with such an epic backstory and soooo much room for character growth.

zitagirl wrote:
I would like to see more Eden and Dhandi overall and the relationship between Eden and Genie more explored

oOoOo if we brought back Dhandi in your several-years-past-KoT idea, she'd be grown up. Would it be too fanfic-y to ship her with Al & Jas's son? It would be like a gender-swap of the OG story Laughing

zitagirl wrote:
Introduce a new magical being in the main cast

Love this idea

Last edited by Meesh on Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Dark Rose wrote:

The more the merrier Laughing

HELL YEAH
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your vacation! Very Happy

Meesh wrote:
This would be an interesting route to take and would give the kids a prominent role. I loved the TLM and TLK sequels as a kid, but I'd need Al & Jas to be less over-protective-parent-y if that makes sense? Like I don't want their senses of adventure to be neutered just because they have kids. Of course that would be an important theme to explore, but I would want them to be open to their kids adventuring with them, since it's apparently part of the job now Laughing

Yeah I admit it's a hard balance because on 1 hand you don't want them to be too strict since they themselves weren't exactly the always good and following the rules type, but I also don't want them to be neglectful and not understand how something could be too dangerous.

Meesh wrote:
Gotta push back on the idea that character development stops when you get married/have kids. Develop everybody!!

Oh definitely, I still want to develop them, especially that in my take, it's only been a few years since they took over as rulers, so it's still something they are learning to balance and handle properly. I can definitely see aladdin struggling with it at times to do the right choice that also doesn1t upset other kingdoms and the advisors.

Meesh wrote:
Unless I'm misreading her tone, AG might agree with you? I think we gotta bring him back in a big way. He's such a good character with such an epic backstory and soooo much room for character growth.

Without spoiling anything, I plan 1 big but kinda short comeback for him to really end his chapter in the franchise, I kinda last grasp to stay alive and getting stronger, to a point he even does something that he would never do normally.

Meesh wrote:
oOoOo if we brought back Dhandi in your several-years-past-KoT idea, she'd be grown up. Would it be too fanfic-y to ship her with Al & Jas's son? It would be like a gender-swap of the OG story Laughing

I didn't think about it since the kids would be like just teens (15-16) while Dhandi would be much older at that point in her late twenties. Plus admittedly both Eden and Dhandi would be more in a minor role.

Meesh wrote:
Love this idea

I appreciate that and kinda wrote down what I thought would be a decent fit without going too much detail into it. Probably would be best if I just started the whole thing already to get a better picture of everything.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Moz has to either die or have a goodbye akin to Cassim/Iago. IMO it's gotta come to the point where he has to choose between the power he's been searching for, or doing the right thing. I'd like to give him an arc where he chooses the latter. Whatever that means specifically to the writers (us? Laughing gotta start playing the lottery I guess)

The fact that I ship him with Sadira is my middle school fanfic brain Smile I'm not married to it. Maybe I should just write a fic to get it out of my system. I'd DEFINITELY be the first to ship them, right... right??? ... RIGHT?!!!

--

Also, since Fasir is a prophet, when he says that someday Mirage will turn from her evil ways and return to him, I believe it to be a prophecy that has to happen. WE CAN'T IGNORE DESTINY YOU GUYS.
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
To me, Moz has to either die or have a goodbye akin to Cassim/Iago. IMO it's gotta come to the point where he has to choose between the power he's been searching for, or doing the right thing. I'd like to give him an arc where he chooses the latter. Whatever that means specifically to the writers (us? Laughing gotta start playing the lottery I guess)

The fact that I ship him with Sadira is my middle school fanfic brain Smile I'm not married to it. Maybe I should just write a fic to get it out of my system. I'd DEFINITELY be the first to ship them, right... right??? ... RIGHT?!!!

--

Also, since Fasir is a prophet, when he says that someday Mirage will turn from her evil ways and return to him, I believe it to be a prophecy that has to happen. WE CAN'T IGNORE DESTINY YOU GUYS.

Oh definitely agree on that. Maybe because I saw too many redemption arcs for him, but I simply rather go with the way where he basically his own doomer.

I mean, you are not the only 1 on that. I have seen many who ships the 2 and I can't even blame them for it. It just something our human brains like to do, haha.

Oh I didn't forget the whole destiny and prophecy stuff. Actually plays quite a decent role in for my story, albeit it is further down in the line. Can't jump into the deep water immediately.

I plan to upload my story on fanfiction.net and deviantart. It's a start plus hey, maybe it can be good. Plus I doubt modern Disney would approva some of the stuff I have in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum