Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Round 2: To Cure a Thief vs Do the Rat Thing
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Round 2: To Cure a Thief vs Do the Rat Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which episode do you like better?
To Cure a Thief
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Do the Rat Thing
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Round 2: To Cure a Thief vs Do the Rat Thing Reply with quote

To Cure a Thief - Aladdin gets tired of Abu's stealing everything in sight and sets out to cure his friend's larcenous tendencies.

Do the Rat Thing - While trying to prove her independence, Jasmine finds herself turned into a rat. (screenshots)

Edit: Do the Rat Thing wins, 8-3.

Last edited by Calluna on Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I was going to vote for To Cure a Thief because I thought Do the Rat Thing made Jasmine seem far too young and naive (she was out on the streets in the first movie; she should know more than that). But the animation in DtRT is better (TCaT has a lot of errors), I think it's funnier, and it's got a lot of interaction between Jasmine and Iago which is always a plus for me. TCaT didn't have anything I hated, but there wasn't much I liked either, so I'd rather vote for an ep that has lots of things I like and one I don't than one that's average across the board. So Do the Rat Thing it is, for me. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dragonessa
Snarky Scientist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Do The Rat Thing for me, due to all the Iago in it! Razz It's hilarious, one of my favorite episodes. To Cure a Thief is also funny, but nothing beats Iago the frilled lizard. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would have asked me this about three days ago, I would have said TCAT because Amin is just hilarious Laughing
But as of recently, I have become intrigued by how Aladdin and Jasmine act when it comes to other males or females, in particular how Jasmine feels about Sadira.
I was explaining something to a friend about Saleen and how Jasmine would kick her ass if she found out she turned Aladdin into a shark, but she doesn't see her as a "threat" to her relationship, IMO.

Sadira, on the other hand, I think she feels threatened by because she's a street rat. Sadira connects with Aladdin on a level that she'll never fully understand, even though she's tried ala Do The Rat Thing. But there is no way she can even get the full effect of it like Sadira can because she's not a street rat and never will be. It's interesting to me...

So on that slightly off topic and long response, DTRT for me Very Happy
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with "To Cure a Thief", due to Amin. I like both episodes about equally, but Amin's presense can push just about any episode over the edge for me. And since I think TCaT if going to lose, I'll have a second chance to throw in my love for DtRT. Laughing
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a big Jas fan I will go for "Do the Mario" uh I mean "Do the Rat thing." One of the few episode where Jasmine was the main star without Aladdin or Genie just Iago although the parrot is funny in scenes like the crossing the street or at the end with his feathers. Laughing

This ep is most about how Jasmine discovers a side of Agrabah from an different point of view, much closer how Aladdin sees the world she ever could imagine. The scene where she brings the poor woman and her kids cheese is touching. One of the funniest moments is the license to steel scene.

"To Cure A Thief" is also one of the best episodes in the series. My favorite scene is as Amin and Abu enter the treasure room and Amin hides behind the door before Abu walks past all the traps without a scratch.
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"To Cure a Thief" all thanks to Amin. Very Happy
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to go w/ TCAT because DtRT makes Jasmine look stupid... and I don't like episodes like that. Plus... well... it just didn't hold my attention. It gave off the wrong feeling when it came to royal family.

And they way Aladdin almost talked down to her because she was a princess... ::shudders::... I'm suprised Jasmine didn't just call it off right there.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta vote for Do the Rat Thing. I think it was a great plot point for Jasmine to be able to see the city through the eyes of the needy. I mean, her boyfriend has BEEN there, so I think it was a great opportunity for her to sort of get to see Agrabah through his eyes. I think it'd certainly make her more sympathetic to that part of his character, not that she wasn't already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum